Intro to Moving Water 2021
Was a success with 3 Instructors and 18 participants.
This club-led clinic is for Beaver Club Member tandem canoeists who are interested in advancing from lakewater to river canoeing. It consists of an evening lecture and a one day clinic on the water. The emphasis is on skills development, understanding river dynamics and being safe on the water.
- Wednesday June 23, (Zoom), &
- Thursday July 1. Nicola River, (Merritt). See the “Rivers’ Week Guide” under the For Members tab.
- Registration priority by date of membership.
Members may email: Training Director to register for the clinic.
You’ll learn about:
- River hazards
- The need for extra flotation (air bags)
- Group travel on the river
- Safety procedures and signals
- Environment and ethical concerns
- The international river grading system
On the water you’ll:
- Do forward and back ferries
- Swim rapids
- Line a boat
- Rescue (and be rescued) with a throw rope
- Every adult Club Member of the Beaver Canoe Club who have graduated from Basic Paddlers.
- Junior Members, (under 19), by application and in the direct supervision of their parent or guardian.
Register for Course
Email Training Director to register for the course.
Rent boats, PFDs, etc. from Middleton’s Boats or call 604-240-0503
Need a Partner?
We will help pair you up if you do not have a partner.