Intro to Moving Water June 7st & 10th 2023
This club-led clinic is for Beaver Club Member tandem canoeists who are interested in advancing from lakewater to river canoeing. It consists of an evening dryland and a one day session on the water. The emphasis is on skills development, understanding river dynamics and being safe on the water.
Members may email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
On the June 7st evening dryland session, you’ll find out about:
- River hazards
- The need for extra flotation (air bags)
- Group travel on the river
- Safety procedures and signals
- Environment and ethical concerns
- The international river grading system
On the June 10th on water session you’ll:
- Do forward and back ferries
- Swim rapids
- Line a boat
- Rescue (and be rescued) with a throw rope
- Every adult Club Member of the Beaver Canoe Club who have graduated from Basic Paddlers.
- Junior Members, (under 19), by application and in the direct supervision of their parent or guardian.
Rent boats, PFDs, etc. from Middleton’s Boats or call 604-240-0503
Need a Partner?
We will help pair you up if you do not have a partner.