Intro to Moving Water
This club-led clinic is for tandem canoeists who are interested in advancing from lakewater to river canoeing. It consists of an evening lecture and one day on the water. The emphasis is on skills development, understanding river dynamics and being safe on the water.
Wednesday May 27 & Saturday May 30, 2020.There are no upcoming events at this time.
You’ll learn about:
- River hazards
- The need for extra flotation (air bags)
- Group travel on the river
- Safety procedures and signals
- Environment and ethical concerns
- The international river grading system
On the water you’ll:
- Do forward and back ferries
- Swim rapids
- Line a boat
- Rescue (and be rescued) with a throw rope
- Every adult Club Member of the Beaver Canoe Club who have graduated from Basic Paddlers.
- Junior Members, (under 19), by application and in the direct supervision of their parent or guardian.
Register for Course
Email Training Director to register for the course.
Rent boats, PFDs, etc. from Middleton’s Boats or call 604-240-0503
Need a Partner?
We will help pair you up if you do not have a partner.